Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Often Question My Parenting Skills

I've always thought of myself as a fairly decent mother but sometimes I have to reassess that opinion. What times are those? Glad you asked...

Today, Tootie stepped off of the bus and broke down in tears when she saw me. I knew she had broken her good-conduct streak, just by the look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she didn't want to talk about it. I pulled her daily folder out of her backpack and there was a note from the teacher saying that she had spit on a kid who was ignoring her. I laughed (to myself, I had my poker face on) and asked her if she spit on someone. She said yes and I said, "What are you, a llama?" and she burst out laughing. I don't know if I should have been going for laughter there. I did explain that spitting isn't ladylike and that it's just for animals and that it was never acceptable to spit at or throw things or hit other people. Now I have to get Fidel on that same line of thought since he's the one who taught the girls how to spit in the first place. I don't know how to explain the behavior of men. I catch him peeing in the yard, blowing snot rockets in the shower, feeding my Sweet Prince Rusty his boogers and playing "pull my finger" with the kids. I guess given all of that, I should be glad she wasn't peeing on the playground or anything.

7 comments:

K said...

Heehee...I mean, that's very serious. I think you handled that very well. Llama... *snort*

As for Fidel, good luck on that one. I have 5 male children (4 sons and the hubby) and I surrounded my farts, snot, skid marks and belching 24/7. There is no cure.

ErIn said...

LMAO Jenn! A llama?! I have a spitter too (thanks to dh, who chews) and a public pee'r (who has great distance, rolling eyes)!

Mom of 5 said...

Llama! I love that. I can never think of clever things like that to say when I yell at my kids. I'm lucky if I get their name right.

Queen In My House of Blue said...

hahahahahhaha! Ohhh the joys of men

. said...

Your kids are perfect, it's Fidel that needs work!

Laurel said...

OMG Jennifer, You're to much!

Stacy said...

LOL at the Llama comment. As far as Fidel, well Men are just repulsive creaters yet we continue to marry them! ;)