Sunday, August 3, 2008

Of All Things


This afternoon, I had to run out to the grocery store for some side dishes to go along with Fidel's ribs for dinner. I planned to make jalapeno creamed corn but the corn looked unsuitable to feed goats, so I had to change my plans right there in the produce section. I decided to make a mac and cheese and went on about my shopping. I swear, it took me forever and I went through 3 people to find a package of goddamned Velveeta. I was waiting on this chick to move out of my way by the regular cheese section when it hit me, that of all the shit in the grocery store, I was burning time looking for fake cheese. Fake cheese that I ended up finding in the beer aisle. Can't buy beer from the beer aisle on Sunday but you do have to cart past the beer to find the fake cheese. For someone who has been out of beer for 2 days, that's just cruelty.

No comments: