Monday, July 9, 2007

I'm Not Ready!

I thought I was ready. Now I'm not.

Tootie is five. I am not ready for Tootie to be 5. Tootie's last day of preschool was Hell for me because I knew that after the summer, she would be boarding a big yellow bus and puttering off to K-K-K- *you can type it, you can type it* kindergarten. You would think that I'd be cheering as that bus drives away, and I know that I should be but it's just another sign that my baby is growing up.

Of course, Tootie is thrilled about going to kindergarten. Mama is nervous as a cat about it. I think I'm putting way too much thought into this situation. For two days, I've thought about which bookbag to buy for her. Now I don't even know if kindergarteners need bookbags. I pulled up Gymboree's bags and she loves the pink and leopard-skin bag. Bookbag problem solved. Crazy Mama's new obsession is lunch, since Tootie is a very picky eater. Should I buy a matching lunchbag and pack her lunch every day? I pulled up the lunch menu, putting on my snootiest face to look down my nose at the menu, but damn, she will eat a lot of that stuff and they have tons of choices. Shit!!

I'm running out of dumb crap to keep my mind off of the real issue at hand, which is being without my Tootie for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I don't know what to do with myself. Blog? Scrapbook? I don't want to cook because thanks to freaking Pioneer Woman, I'm living in stretchy pants as it is. Hopefully Weight Watchers has an exorcist on staff to get the evilness of PW out of my brain.

1 comment:

Mom O Matic said...

Who is pioneer woman and why is she forcing you into stretch pants?