Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's The Economy

First, I want to apologize for my lack of posting. I know you've heard this before but here I am apologizing again. I just don't feel very funny any more. Life has turned into more than frivolous adventures and my funny took a hike.

I imagine that My Funny is on a sunny beach somewhere drinking champagne in the mornings, beer for lunch and martinis for dinner. Meanwhile, I'm back here in the real world scrambling for retail hours and trying to get my husband to fire the innocent laborers who clean his offices to hire me to do the same work for less pay. I can't even drink away the pain of not being able to shop or take vacations because I have to work. I can't show up drunk to sell children's clothing, now can I? No 5-year old needs a blurry eyed woman slurring, "You are a hot bitch" at them as they try on embroidered clothing. By the time I get home, I'm too tired to drink and I have to get up to get the kids off to school early the next morning so I'm just living a cycle of boredom over and over and over again.

My hair looks like total shit because the only stylist I liked had a mental breakdown 18 months ago and dropped off the face of the Earth. I can deal with anything as long as my hair is rocking but my mop of birdstraw is far from rocking. Honestly at this point if I had a freak accident involving whirling machine parts and my hair I'd probably look better in the "after" shot.

I really feel like I should get myself a long, frumpy denim skirt to rock with some Easy Spirit shoes and seasonal vests and make the most of my new somber self. But I've never given up that easily so I'm going to suck it up and get back to being me.

5 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

Your funny is still with you. She's just fucking tired so she's napping on the couch.

TOTALLY missing you and glad you checked in. I feel you on the hair.

kconnick said...

Oh no! that is the worst to have your stylist drop off the face of the earth!! Are you still wearing your hair kind of short (like in the halloween pic? I think you may live in my neck of the woods- and I may have someone to refer you to....

Anonymous said...

NO!! Not the seasonal vests! Your still funny, and this is the best time to find your humor!

Stacy said...

seasonal vest ---- oh what a hot momma you'd be!! Miss you but understand. This economy is just sucking the life out of all of us! Come back soon! You always cheer me up with your posts.

Katie said...

Okay, I draw the line at seasonal vests. You are just tired and still funny. Keep it up when you can! Love ya!