Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seriously

I worked today at my retail job. I had one bitch who really tried my patience. Normally, our customers are way nice but this one today just took the cake for being a pain in the ass. We have a promotion going on now where you get a voucher type deal for a future purchase for a certain dollar amount and this lady had a huge arm full of clearance merchandise and had me ring up every. single. fucking. item and read her the final amount for each piece. Then she would sit there and debate with me and herself about whether or not she was going to purchase the items, one by one. We had a line going out of our door and I seriously must have spent 20 minutes with this woman over a bunch of clearance crap. After the fourth transaction (of course she wanted all this shit in separate batches) she comes around the counter to put her bags under my feet so that she could do some more shopping in the store.

I love my job and most times it's a pleasure to help people, but if I made the rules I'd ban that chick from the store. I'm clearly not cut out for management.

6 comments:

Kalyn said...

Hahahahaha..... I was kinda like that today- not with buying things, or making people wait in line.... but I got a little crazy!! Go read my bloggity if you want to smile! :)

Stacy said...

OMG what a lunatic. That sale is rocking! I got some "sale" stuff plus the extra sale going on plus I had a coupon. I walked out with a huge smile on my face! I wish you worked at the store by me :)

Liz said...

Hahaha...I read you all the time and I'm not going to out you even though I completely know the store where you work...we're hitting it up this afternoon, actually and I promise that I won't be like that chick. =)

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Why do peple act like that? If I were behind her, I probably would have had to say something! I wish I knew where you worked because I. love. sales. And it sounds like it's a good one!

Jennifer said...

Lizzie- are you in Georgia by any chance? It would be hilarious to run into one of the readers in the store.

Thanks for not busting me out! I will try to keep you entertained in return for you keeping the store name under wraps! I just don't want this popping up under a google search for the store.

Mom O Matic said...

Aaaaah. Now I remember why I won't EVER work retail again.