Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pardon Her Urine


In my misery of adapting to being broke, I have forgotten to tell you all of a funny escapade that Moggie and I had at The Wal-Mart nearly two weeks ago. Tootie has dance class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so afterwards on one of those days, Moggie and I hit The Wal-Mart for a few needed grocery items. Now Moggie is a child on a mission to hit every flipping bathroom in North Georgia. I have a crazy and perhaps irrational aversion to public bathrooms so we typically have a battle of the wills when we go shopping together.

Moggie likes to ride on the front of the cart, holding onto the basket with her arms. As we made our way to the back of the store, she said she had to use the potty. I told her that she would just have to wait. Yeah, I know it's crazy to tell a four year old kid to wait, but she's been potty trained for over 2 years and she raises false alarms so much that it's hard to believe her. She looked at me and said, "Mom, I can't wait" and as she said that she was peeing in her pants. I shrieked, "MOGGIE" and then my legs went in two different directions and my back and ass thunked on the floor, right there by the paint counter. I was so embarrassed, and covered in piss, so I hopped up and ran off like a gazelle. As soon as I got out of sight of the paint guy, I slung Moggie in the cart to sit and hurried up and got out of there.

Looking back, I should have told someone that my kid had pissed in the aisle but I was so freaked out by the whole ordeal that I just jetted.

8 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

She wasn't the first and she won't be the last person to piss in a Walmart aisle.

Kalyn said...

OMG! That has happened to us once too!! I didn't fall in her piss. But she pea'd right there on the floor. It's so hard to tell when they mean it- and when it's a fake out. I wish they had a red light that came on when they REALLY had to go.

Anonymous said...

you're killing me! lol

Anonymous said...

oh great, now i just peed too. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Too funny! Sorry you fell though. Trust me I know about the dramatics and have a difficult time believing my little men!

Stacy said...

LOL!!! Only Moggie......I am just picturing it now!

Maddness of Me said...

I've always wanted to pee on a Wal-mart. Way to go!

Cinnamon said...

Poor girl, she must have been just as embarrassed. You never know if they really mean it either, I hate public bathrooms.