Thursday, September 11, 2008

Better Than Xanax


I had my annual pap (that I've managed to dodge for over 4 years) yesterday morning, and I meant to take a Xanax before I left home to take the edge off of the ordeal. I forgot to pop the pill and it turns out as soon as the doctor came in, we started talking about shopping and before I knew it I was getting dressed. Quick and painless.

I got blown off for a lunch date by a friend so I went and ate sushi alone, with a book. And I liked it. Peace and quiet, good food, no rush. I recommend a solo date to everyone at least once a month. I might try a movie next. If YOU have never done a solo date, take yourself out and you might be surprised at how relaxing it is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After hearing about yours and Cherie's solo dates, I think one is definitely in the near future for me too. I may have to take myself to dinner and a movie. Thanks for the idea.

Mom O Matic said...

I love a book and a lunch to myself. I'm an odd duck though, cause I like movies by myself too. But only on a weekday afternoon. Any other time just feels lonely rather than fun.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I love the fact that you posted that picture in your blog. It's classic and it made me chuckle. You shoot straight from the hip and I LOVE IT!!!! :o)

MsPrufrock said...

Oh my goodness, does that sound blissful. I must remember to do this very, very soon.

Anonymous said...

I always crack up when you find just the perfect picture to go with your topics! This one was especially great.

Anonymous said...

LMAO at the pic! And I do love a solo outing... I'm quite due, actually. Maybe I'll make it tonight. Sushi sounds grand... Minus the speculum.