Friday, September 5, 2008

Real Special

This morning was my first real "free" morning, without any children. I had a room mom meeting at Tootie's school and when that was over I dashed out of there and found a pedicure joint for a little relaxation. The chick asked me if I wanted the regular or deluxe pedi so I asked her the difference and she handed me a laminated brochure that described their offerings. This is no lie: In the description of the deluxe pedicure, it was stated that they use "real special products" for the masks and scrubs. Maybe it's all the vicodin in my system but that really struck me as hilarious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "callous remover" that they use-- in a generic bottle labeled by the labelmaker, looking like aloe vera gel!

Maddness of Me said...

I had a pedi when visiting San Francisco a couple weeks ago... they put milk and rose petals in the water.

At the time I felt like I was a poodle, all I needed was a blonde curly wig and some bisquits.

Anonymous said...

You gotta love a good quiet pedicure, and what better way to enjoy the first morning of true freedom!!!! Hell, we deserve a week of freedom after dealing with our pain in the ass offspring for the entire summer. But we will be more than fine for the 6 hours we get!!!

Mom O Matic said...

No that's just damn funny.

Did I ever tell you about my Vicodon band aid experience? My dad took me to buy some pjs because he felt bad I had pnemonia or mono or something. Our crazy Indian Dr. prescribed vico all the time! So I was on it and totally stoned. I had put band aids all over my pre teen face to cover all the zits before went out. The lady the store thought I was "special" the whole time.

Anonymous said...

So did you get the real special products? LOL