Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today's Festivities

Today is the day that I have dreamed of all summer. Moggie begins her last year of preschool. To be honest, if she was beginning her first day of pre-trial intervention I would be just as happy. She has driven me beyond crazy this summer and especially the last month since her sister started school in early August and I've borne the brunt of her displeasure since then.

I'm skipping the director's speech for parents to hit the library. I figure that I might be able to get the hang of the whole public library deal without my two tormentors at my side. I need some books because I go in for my first sleep study tonight and they probably won't have wireless internet for me to entertain myself.

I think the person monitoring my sleep tonight will go down in medical history for discovering a new syndrome. I call it Jackson Syndrome. The symptoms are Jimmy Legs, excessive snoring and sleep Tourettes. I do this weird and extremely loud "UMMMMMM" grunt thing as I'm going to sleep. It's so loud that it wakes me up. Fidel dreams of smothering me in my sleep because of that grunt. He can live with the swish swish swish sound of my feet against the sheets in my dance of the Jimmy Legs, but he just can't stand The Grunt.

2 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

Oh, I've got those dancing legs too. Sucks man.

But...when I had to drink all that Magnesium Citrate to flush out the poop I never slept better! (And nothing had happened yet so it wasn't a crap afterglow)

I checked it out and Magnesium helps with anxiety, jimmy legs and sleeplessness.

I've been taking it the last few nights and it works quite well I must say.

Maddness of Me said...

you are jealous of me, I ordered a Kindle today :)