Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Can They Do That?

If people were issued licenses for parenting (as they should be), the status of mine would be in some serious jeopardy tonight.

We have been getting some lovely rain from Fay and Moggie loves to splash in puddles, so I let her be a kid and go out in the rain. She came inside completely soaked, so I took her clothes off and threw them on the back porch so she wouldn't continue to drip on the hardwoods. Those suckers will mildew before I remember they are out there, but getting back to my story, my child was unclothed. I sent her upstairs to get some dry clothing and started making dinner. I noticed it got pretty quiet so I started calling to her, with no answer. I walked over to the stairs and saw her out of the dining room windows. Stark naked, frolicking on the sidewalk without a care in the world. She was holding a ladybug umbrella, twirling and leaping in the rain. Completely naked.

I actually ran to get a camera on my way to get her in the house, but then I remembered it's not a good idea to post naked pictures of your kids (or any kids) on the internet. Just take my word for it, it was freaking hilarious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Gotta love 4 year olds! We were swimming with my friend and her daughter at their neighborhood pool and I noticed my 4 year old dropping his swimsuit to pee in the grass. I am glad we were the only ones at the pool, but it was still embarrassing.

ErIn said...

Now where on earth did she learn to do this?!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how often Dylan strips and runs outside naked. I swear these two are twins!! :P

Stacy said...

OMG - that is just way too funny!!!

Laurel said...

That is too Funny! Not sure how I am going to explain the tears in my eyes at work! LOL!!