Friday, August 1, 2008

That's MY Warning

Last night, the neighbor kid came over uninvited (as always) and took a break from snooping around in our garage to beat my kids with a stack of swords that he brought over from his house after I took away the foam pool noodle he was using to beat them. Moggie was riding her scooter and bike down the driveway, and according to the girls, the neighbor kid attacked her with his play swords and knocked her off of the bike, resulting in the hide being barked off of her poor elbow. Fidel gave the kid a warning that if he did anything to hurt the girls again he wouldn't be allowed to step foot in our yard. The girls were just talking about the warning and Moggie raised her eyebrows and said, "Well if he steps foot in my yard I'm going to beat him in his face. That's MY warning". It was so funny.

Fidel is more patient with this crap than I am. I told the little fucker to take his swords home and I'm not allowing him back over here. I haven't talked to his parents yet because 1) they don't care and it will do no good anyway and 2) I'm PMSing and grumpy and I fear the redneck beast inside me. I know that accidents happen but this wasn't an accident.

5 comments:

absurdly yours said...

That is exactly how I would have handled the situation. I can't stand braty, mean kids that are allowed to do whatever as long as they aren't at home where their parents would have to actually deal with them.

Becky said...

I think a face-beating from Moggie would be the most effective way to tell him he's no longer welcome. Glad to see you're raising a badass kid!

Maddness of Me said...

he is taking out his aggression for having crappy parents :(

that is how jerks are started

Anonymous said...

Grrr... I know he is acting on b/c of his dumbass parents but I would be furious >:(

Jennifer said...

me- I agree. He's not evil, he just ain't got no raisin', as the country folks say.

I go back and forth between wanting to let him hang around to see how normal families function and wanting to spray him with the water hose to run him off. I try to channel as much patience and kindness as possible but seeing my kids get hurt just brings out the Mama Bear in me.