Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm Official!


I am officially a licensed driver. Until 2018. Tootie will be 16 when I need my next license.

I had to take Moggie's school application and registration fee by her preschool this morning and since I was dressed and halfway to the DMV anyway, I just drove on over there to get it over with. I expected the worst but I was pleasantly surprised at how fast and easy the whole process was. I was seriously in and out in 15 minutes. And I had the girls in tow! My picture looks like shit but at least I won't go to jail if I get pulled over now.

The DMV provides a great people watching opportunity. There was one younger guy there who was into the whole Emo look (I think that's what it is) and he had on Ed Hardy shoes, and these jeans that were just hilarious. I don't even know how one would go about finding a pair of jeans that unflattering. They were painted on, skintight purpley washed jeans. The pockets on them were way down at the bottom part of his ass and the waist was really low-riding, which worked together to make it look like his ass had slid down toward the bottom of his pelvis. It was probably wanting to hide from the shame.

2 comments:

Kathi D said...

And that young man firmly believes he looks HAWT. (Just as I did once upon a time with white lipstick, black eyes, and platinum hair, oh lordy.)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the "new" DMV in Georgia....... they have it together for some reason.

I also heard that boys are now buying their jeans in the girls department and so jean companies are making "skinny jeans" for guys.

I think it makes them look like puny toothpicks...... I could break them over my knee. Stupids.