Monday, August 11, 2008

Day One

Tootie went back to school as a first grader this morning. She was so excited and I was a little sad. She is doing a few things to become more independent of The Great Enabler this year. She picked out her clothes last night, and fussed at me when I tried to put the toothpaste on her toothbrush this morning. She did blow me extra kisses from the back seat of Fidel's car as they backed out of the garage. She must have known that I'd need a few kisses, being stuck home alone with Moggie and all.

Moggie has pretended to be various Chipmunks and Chippettes all morning. She's planted about 20 virtual gardens on the computer and fed me at least 3 imaginary pumpkin pies. All of this while I've been cleaning out dressers and doing laundry.

With all of this structure stuff starting up today, I figured that today was as good a day as any to start planning my meals after the free-for-all that summer turned out to be. Let's hope this planning thing and the walks to the bus stop do something to combat the spread of my rear end.

1 comment:

AFRo said...

We start first grade on Wednesday. I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be about it all. I'm just looking forward to a semi-normal routine. It's been a long freaking summer.