Thursday, August 7, 2008

Should Have Found This Sooner


I really should have found this book sooner.

I went to Tootie's registration for first grade this morning. I should have gone unshowered, wearing my Dr. Seuss tshirt and comfy shorts. Instead I broke out a Polo shirt (that's as dressed up as I get in the daytime), made my face and fixed my hair. I made eye contact with the PTA chicks and got sucked right in. I clicked a little too well with Tootie's teacher and walked out holding the title of Room Mom. I wonder if this gig comes with a sash? If not, I'll make one. I've always wanted a job that required me to wear a sash with glittery letters.

Since I have gone to the bus stop (in the afternoon, no less) in pajamas more than once, I figured I'd have my picture on the front of the White Trash Mom Handbook but given this morning's behavior, I'm looking more like one of the Muffia chicks.

No comments: