Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Victory is Mine


I have done my one supermom task for the year, so I can now retire to domestic averageness.

I managed to get a new bus stop 1/4 mile closer to our house! Our old bus stop was up a hill and around a curve, so I had to walk all the way down to the bus stop to fetch Tootie in the afternoon. Obviously a good walk never hurt anyone but I have a whiny ass 4-year old who threatened my sanity every afternoon.

We live at the end of the main drag of our neighborhood, in a nice big cul-de-sac. The bus was turning down a side street with 2 houses with no school aged kids to turn around, so I lobbied the transportation department to reconsider their route and I was successful. My next step was blockading the side street that the bus was using to turn around until they saw reason so it's in everyone's best interests that we were able to settle this matter peacefully.

I so need a life.

No comments: