Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank You for Not Writing Toilet

I have been painting the girls' bathroom this week. This afternoon, I was working on cutting in the area where the walls meet the ceiling. The girls bathroom is on the second floor, the ladder is in the basement. See where this is going? Mrs. Brilliance decided to put a short step stool on top of the toilet to paint. The stool shot out from under my feet like a greased pig and I went down hard on my right shoulder on top of the toilet tank. I washed as much paint off of me as I could, called Fidel to come home, dropped Moggie with our good neighbor next door and asked her to get Tootie from the bus until Fidel got home.

Turns out, my arm isn't broken but it is sprained. I have a bottle of pain meds awaiting me at the pharmacy and an ugly ass blue sling around my neck.

Wahhh.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh no!! I am glad it wasn't more serious than a sprain...I will send good vibes your way for a speedy recovery. :)

This is exactly why I don't paint! lol

Mom O Matic said...

Fuuuuuck! Why are you in a ladder lady? Wait till you get the gallbladder pain figured out before you turn into Handy Andy!

Trooper Thorn said...

Pay someone. What's the point of having money if you continue to run the risk of bathroom accidents?

Jennifer said...

Welcome, Trooper Thorn! My mother said the same thing, hire someone.

Maddness of Me said...

You'll do anything to score some Vicodin!

Kristine said...

Oh boy, that is so the kind of thing that I would do, just to not have to go to the basement.

Hope your arm heals quickly!