Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'd Just Take Their Word

A week and a half ago, my gallbladder/rib/what-the-fuck-ever pain went from moderately annoying to a give-me-a-knife-I'll-cut-this-shit-out-myself sort of pain. I walked around all bent over, huffing and puffing for a few hours and then I was fine. I didn't even have my usual evening pains for over a week.

I have my upper quadrant ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning. I was hoping it was all for nothing but now that the pain has kicked in again I'm not so sure. What I am sure of, however, is that I do not care to have surgery. I have never had surgery (other than minor mole removal crap) and it's not that I'm scared of the actual surgery, but I do not want to go through the whole recovery process. I have a crazy 4-year old child who needs a serious amount of supervision (see yesterday's post about her being buck naked in the front yard in broad daylight) and I don't know if I can provide adequate supervision if I'm dancing with Mr. Percoset. (I hope I spelled your boyfriend's name right, Kelly)

Anyway, in my effort to avoid surgery, I consulted Dr. Google on "treating gallbladder pain". I've never heard of anyone dying from a gallbladder problem so I figured if I can treat the pain I can live without having to face the knife. You know the natural people or the Chinese will have a cure for everything and sure enough, I found the cure. The cure involves taking herbs, mass amounts of salt water, and olive oil and lemon juice cocktails. Testimonials from people who have done this miracle cure detail the amount of stones they passed, what they looked like, etc. I had to dig more because I have a pretty good knowledge of basic anatomy and I don't remember the gallbladder being anywhere in the urinary tract. Also never heard of anyone hacking up gallstones so that left only one option. Poop. These people have dug through their own turds to find these "stones".

Needless to say, anything that involves me digging through turds is out. Get out your dancing shoes, Mr. Percoset.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have the surgery, you pussy! Seriously, you'll only be out of commission for that first day. Yeah, you'll be a little sore for a couple of days after, but you'll be back to wrangling naked kids in no time.

Oh, and it's spelled Percocet, but once you take it, you'll spell it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha, I figured I was misspelling!

Kathi D said...

Also. You CAN die from your gallbladder. So go for it.

You will do best with the surgery if you don't have muscles in your tummy. My doc had to apologize to me because he said it would be "easy" and then it was "NOT easy" which he said was due to my having lots of muscle tissue in my belly where it was supposed to be soft squishy fat. So the cutting hurt more.

I TOLD him I had abs of steel!

Anonymous said...

It's easy/fast surgery. Go if you need to but if you are too much of a baby, the natural girl says drink Apple Cider Vinegar. I had a friend with no insurance so that is what I had him do... dissolved it in weeks and it was a big one too!

But surgery is a fast recovery.

Mom O Matic said...

Do it! The surgery, not the crap dig. A bed, they bring you meals and pain pills. Kids can't stay past visiting hours.

Hey, can I check in too?

Katie said...

If you need it, do the surgery. Chris' was done laproscopically and he was okay pretty fast. They sent him home with Vicodin that he barely used...you will be okay, but I would probably milk it so you get some time off too!!!

H Oh said...

Let me know how that works for you, I've been ignoring my "issues" for a couple of years now. I steer clear of fried stuff mostly and that works pretty well.

Love your blog! Hope you feel better soon!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Jennifer, thanks for stopping by & leaving a note. So nice to meet you. I hope you'll come back often, I'm always up to something on my blog.

Rhoda