Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chilling Like Ray

I'm rocking sunglasses indoors today like I'm Ray Charles or something. What I am is a woman suffering from the Headache from Hell. My previous experiences with migraines have all been the have-a-headache-and-hate-my-job type deals and oddly enough I haven't had one of those since I stopped working. I'm having some bad light sensitivity and nausea but I also have the crud in my lungs and I swear my mucus stinks so I'm leaning toward sinus issues. I only have one more dose left of the wonderful decongesting, mind-numbing cough syrup so I just called my doctor and the bitch is out of town until next week. I have a rapport with her so I know I can walk in there and say "Hey, I need some of my special syrup because I'm coughing and tired of pissing myself" and she will whip out her pad and hook me up. That stuff is wonderful and I'm paranoid that if I walk in there and see the new doctor that he will just think I'm a druggie and tell me to take Sudafed or something equally as worthless. If I'm going to take chemicals I may as well take what's proven to work instead of dicking around with the OTC crap. My Orange Elixir of Bliss may be a narcotic but it does a damned fine job of clearing up the gunk in my lungs plus it has the added benefit of making me all smiley.

In the meantime, I'll just suck it up and hold this couch down and let the dirty dishes pile up all around. Fidel is cooking dinner tonight and there's nothing to do tonight to prep for tomorrow since today was the last day of school for Tootie.

No comments: