Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Snoring Isn't Helping My Marriage

My cruise was this past weekend so I'm still exhausted from not getting much sleep. I crashed on the couch last night before 9:30, I think. I was snoring like crazy so I just slept in the upstairs guest room so that poor Fidel could get some rest. I have to say that I am not ready for this whole separate bedroom thing. I think we both sleep better because for me, I can sleep without worrying about not sleeping on my back or facing him, and he isn't subjected to my various snorts, grunts and puffing. Better sleep be damned, it just feels odd to not sleep with my husband when he's in the same house.

I need to get one of those anti-snore pillows from Brookstone and some earplugs for Fidel before we end up scheduling time for conjugal visits and making things all awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time lurker. Hate to say it, but DH and I are in different bedrooms for YEARS. I am (was) a nurse and worked night shift, so we didn't sleep that much together from the get-go. But when I was pregnant I annoyed him with my constant peeing and snoring, and he used to be heavier and snored like a chainsaw. Then, once the needy little parasites came along and demanded to cosleep etc. and the constant waking up of one particular pain in the ass, we've stayed in 2 different rooms. We try to "move in together" but we get annoyed and migrate out at 2 am. We still have sex, we still snugggle, its just once its time to actually sleep, I usually kick him out.

Just so you know, if you DID get there, you so totally aren't the only one (I know others ROFL)

Mom O Matic said...

Neither of my kids snored after getting their adenoids taken out. Send your hubby to the ENT (Ear nose and throat!)