Saturday, May 17, 2008

Freakshow

Tootie is six. Her two bottom teeth have been loose so while I was in her mouth checking her throat (possible sickness b/c she's complaining of a sore throat and her breath is funky) I wiggled her teeth to see how loose they are at this moment and I jumped because there was a big damned tooth poking up behind her baby teeth. Not a little white line, a big damn tooth. I immediately started panicking because it just looked crazy. I'm used to seeing the gap-toothed smile when kids lose baby teeth but this kid has a big ass tooth sitting there right behind her baby tooth.

Of course I googled this weird tooth shit and discovered that it's fine. It's called "Shark Teeth" and apparently the adult teeth will push the baby teeth out within weeks. If they aren't out within 3 months you have to go see the dentist. Leave it to my kid to have some crazy shit going on.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That happened to me with several teeth when I was a kid! LOL

Elizabeth said...

Both of my kids had to have most of their baby teeth pulled out by the dentist because the big teeth would come in behind them and the baby teeth would just hang on for dear life and refuse to fall out.
And of course we had no dental insurance.

Mom O Matic said...

Mack would be so excited if someone told him he had shark teeth.

so tired said...

Maybe you should have your friend come over that can smell infections...

Then have her come by my house, please.