Thursday, December 6, 2007

Geography by Bratz

I'll just say it, I don't like the Bratz dolls. I don't like the way the name is deliberately misspelled, the way they dress, look, NOTHING about the Bratz. They are just tacky. I've said it. Some of you may be annoyed with me but hopefully you will get over it if I promise to send you the little hoochie dolls should someone gift my children with them. They look like they would hang around with Paris Hilton. I went to TRU yesterday with a friend and she was paying $100 dollars for a Bratz globe. She said her daughter loves geography and she wanted her a globe. I just looked at her, waiting on the punch line to what appeared to be a joke and it never came. I'm always surprised when I see people with carts full of that Bratz mess. Hopefully they are just ridding the world of it one cart at a time and plan to burn it in the fireplace. I'm not a miser but I just can't see paying $100 on something that would make me cringe every time I saw it. My friend will see my point when her little one asks her to visit Kanzaz or Texaz, perhaps the Bahamaz. I think the Bratz dolls use the z in place of the s because slut, skank and skeezy all start with s and they are burnt out on hearing the s sound.

8 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

They have a Bratz globe?

(Pressing Button)
Globe: This is Asia Biotch!

Jennifer said...

Jeesh, now I won't be able to walk past that thing without thinking, "This is Asia, biotch".

Becky said...

I have never understood why people would buy their kid a doll that looks like a prostitute! Even Barbie is headed down that road with the My Scene stuff.

Does the globe have a Paris Hilton-type voice? "The equator? That's hot."

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. Hate the Bratz crap. Tried to buy my 6 year old daughter snow boots - without the Bratz girls all over them.

Why would anyone want their kids advertising girls that look as if they take after the Paris's of the world.

Whew! I feel better now, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good night...... I hate those worse than Barbie's! What's with big eyes and plumped up lips.

I hate the "z" crap too!

www.plumtickled.typepad.com

Stacy said...

OMG I hate those damn things too!

Jennifer said...

Lotta, I told my husband about "This is Asia biotch" and he says it all the time now.

Anonymous said...

I too hate those dolls and the name of it. I just hope my 3 year does not get into these dolls because I would never buy her one. However, I have to admit, I do like the globe. I would never pay $100 for it though. I bought it on sale at TRU. I haven't checked out all the features on the globe. All we've played with is country naming and music from the different countries.