Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I Think She Said Goddammit"

Tonight, we are sitting at home because our babysitter stabbed her husband or something, causing him to need an emergency room visit. Trying to salvage the evening, we made a fire, ordered chinese food and popped Christmas Vacation in the DVD player. Fidel walked over to mess around with the surround sound system and Moggie was sitting on the couch and she said - plain as day - goddammit. Fidel popped around and said, "What did you say?" and Tootie piped in, "I think she said goddammit". All of this while Nick the Elf watched from the mantle. Thank goodness we have a backup plan in place because I have a feeling that Santa will be crossing us off of his list.

6 comments:

so tired said...

Last year when my son was in kindergarten his teacher told me that another little boy in the class said "holy..." and my son piped in and said "Mrs. So & So, I think Tommy was going to say holy shit". To which Tommy said "NO I wasn't". Of course, my son said" no, I'm pretty sure he was going to say holy shit".

He attends a catholic school and the teacher is about 75 years old and has heard it all. So she was pretty nice about it. She even kind of laughed like she had been looking forward to telling me this little story. All I could do was chuckle because we all knew where he had heard "holy shit" before!

Becky said...

Hubby is known to yell at bad drivers...after one particularly bad episode, our then-2-year-old daughter asked, "Daddy, what's a fugger?"

SHELLEY said...

my daughter started saying AW SIT at age 2 because of my apparent road rage when I go into an automatic maniac mode and loose perception of everything except for the asshole that's pissing me off at that moment. :)

Mom O Matic said...

It's so wrong that swearing children makes me laugh but it does. I have to bite my lip to hide the chuckles when son says sonofabitch!

Laurel said...

LOL!! BTDT...

Stacy said...

Yes...we have this problem too. Yesterday hubby picked Cayden up from preschool and as she dropped something she yelled "Shit, shit, shit". Hubby told me "I didn't even have to ask. I immediately knew where she heard that one". Oops!

LOL at Tootie repeating it back.