Thursday, July 31, 2008

Braving the Masses


Today begins the tax-free weekend in Georgia. Today also happens to be the first really "free" day I've had in a while, so guess what I need to go do this afternoon? Buy groceries and school supplies for Tootie. I also need to hit Gymboree and Gap to stock up on some new clothes for her and Nordstrom for some shoes to put on her pretty little feet. Why shop at Nordstrom for shoes for a 6-year old? Because no other store without a "mart" in their name realizes that children wear shoes. The shoe department at Kohl's is just an exercise in futility for anyone, much less children. Seriously, I have simple needs. A few pairs of mary janes, a pair of casual shoes and a pair of sneakers. You would think that wouldn't be a nearly impossible task but it gets my normally perfect blood pressure right up to stroke level. I know that doubling up on the happy pills seems like the easy answer, but I just spent a week at my in-laws' house so I'd have to ingest toxic levels of happy pills in order to see any real results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zappos.com is good for shoes too if Nordstroms doesn't have what you want... my 2 favorite place to get shoes (for me and Dylan too)

Kalyn said...

hey I have a GREAT coupon for gymboree for online - including all sales stuff.... email me if you want it. :)

Jennifer said...

Laura- I am hoping to have good luck at Nordstrom. I'm just unsure of T's size after a summer in flip flops and you know I'll have any extras from Zappos sitting around here for ages...

Kalyn- thank you so much for the offer, but I got one in the mail when I was away! I love those coupons.

Maddness of Me said...

A tax free day??? What a great effing idea!! Why doesn't my state think of that?!?

I need to go write my strongly worded letter.