Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Confessions of a Ninety Percenter

I rarely finish anything. Long ago, I realized that this was a major character flaw, one of the few that I have. Unless you count the narcissism. You may have noticed how my blog entries on here rarely, if ever, have a definite ending. A lot of that is by design, but mainly it's just a reflection of me. I like me and you guys obviously like me because you keep coming by to read even if you are too shy to comment. Luckily for you, I'm convinced that everyone likes me and I don't really need affirmation.

Getting back on track here, I was just mentally mapping out things I want to accomplish today and I zoned in on brainstorming for Christmas decorations in the foyer. Never mind that it's early July and I have things around here that I have put off since before last Christmas. There's one project that's been in progress for over three years and I just cannot convince myself to finish it. I started stripping a simple sofa table in October 2005. At our old house. We moved in October 2006 and the semi-stripped sofa table came along with us to sit in the basement until January 2008. I started hiding from the kids in the basement and sort of finished stripping the sofa table and I painted it. Never bothered to replace the two knobs, so I've had a knobless,not-quite-finished sofa table sitting in the foyer like an ugly toad for six months.

For the moment, I'm going to shelve the Christmas decor planning and try to focus on a few more immediate tasks. Like cleaning the laundry piles off of my bedroom sitting area furniture.

3 comments:

AFRo said...

I really do love you! Not in a scary way either. Slacker.

Wife Goes On said...

I have to say - I am a fellow 90%er - And you crack me up. Thanks for making me laugh- with you and at myself. We are much alike - even though you get to stay at home and I work, but if I had a basement, I'd totally be hiding from my kids too!

Kathi D said...

I have had the living room sofa slipcover 90% done for a year or two now.