Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Fruits of Their Labor

We bought our house nearly two years ago. We had never had a deck before so we didn't notice that ours was too small to be of any real use to us. Fidel used it for cooking but it definitely wasn't a space for entertaining. We have been giving lip service to having the deck extended and having our hot tub installed on it and finally pulled the trigger on construction last month. The contractor started last week and finished (mostly) this afternoon. There are a few additional issues to iron out and one big ass hot tub to install but we are definitely getting there.

Here's a before and after set. I'll take more once I get plants and furniture set up this week.

Before:


After:

6 comments:

AFRo said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is awesome! Congrats! So, I assume Fidel found someone with a penis on the whole hot tub issue?

Anonymous said...

Da-Hang! You're a lucky girl...... good luck on the Hot Tub!

It looks awesome!

Kalyn said...

Just make sure 'kenfullofshit' made the deck strong enough for a hot tub WITH water. With a name like that..... you never know!!!! :) I hope you enjoy many mimosa filled mornings in that hot tub, on your nice new deck!!!

Jennifer said...

No kidding, Kalyn! They have been giving me the whole engineering spiel on the safety of the deck but I have my doubts. I need some guinea pigs over here to convince me that it's sturdy enough.

Queen In My House of Blue said...

That looks awesome!!!!!!!

Kalyn said...

I'll come- you supply the mimosa's. That way, if I fall- at least it'll be funny!!! :)