Monday, July 21, 2008

Cookies?

This weekend was filled with parties, showers and business dinners. I took the girls out on Thursday to get birthday presents for a kid's party, I had to get stuff for a bridal shower and find clothing suitable for a business dinner.

For the bridal shower, I found this cute address stamp at the last minute and ordered it for the bride and groom, so I had to print off a picture of it as an IOU. I found a cute little paper mache box at Michaels and did a quick decoupage with scrapbook paper. The girls kept asking me if they were giving their friend cookies for their birthday and after the 500th time I was like "NO. Cookies are not the kid's gift, don't ask again". I wondered why they kept asking me about flippin' cookies but a lot of what they do will baffle your mind so I've learned to just let it go.

Of course Miss 90-percent didn't get a card to accompany the shower gift and I had to hit the Rite Aid on the way to the party and as I signed the card and stuck it under the ribbon of the little round box, I thought, Damn, that looks like a box of cookies and right then I realized why my children had been pestering me about giving cookies as a gift.

No comments: