Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Home!

We got home around midnight last night, a few hours late due to the Atlanta airport being closed for storms. We flew AirTran (my first AT trip) and boarded the plane in Kansas City. The pilot came on the intercom and told us about the storm situation, and a few minutes later he came on and said we were free to deboard. I had never deboarded a plane for a weather delay and I had only had one Xanax at that point so I figured the wings were falling off the plane or the airline was officially out of business, right then and there. Visions of sleeping on the airport floor with 2 kids while we waited on another flight to haul us to the ATL flashed before me, followed by the idea of being stranded at the inlaws' permanently. At that point I popped another pill and prepared for our own version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Obviously, we are safely home at this point. I did have some side effects from my pill popping. I dreamed that JLo was ruining some of my clothing and that I absolutely had to have a leaded glass shower enclosure. I think my dreams are telling me that I'm too high maintenance.

1 comment:

AFRo said...

AWE. I missed you! Glad you made it home okay and that you at least stuck to popping only one type of pill this time... wouldn't want those bears showing up at the airport. LOL.