Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mission: Children's Bathroom

My girls share a jack-and-jill bathroom that is still, two years later, a contractor gray with no accessories besides an Ariel shower curtain and a white bath mat. I've had some crazy ideas about how to make that room a seamless transition from Tootie's purple room to Moggie's pink and green room. I don't want to get too theme-y and since Tootie has had a butterfly/flower bedding set for 4 years I'm tired of seeing butterflies and flowers. I'm ready to get into a paint bucket but I don't want to get into a disposable decorating situation where I end up painting the bathroom 5 times.

I'm here on my ass watching HGTV in the name of "research". My research has led me to the conclusion that if the lady from Decorating Cents showed up on my doorstep I would probably give her a squirt of pepper spray. I do love the whole Trash to Treasure idea and there are people who can pull that off seamlessly, but that lady drives me nuts. She used to have a male partner and I'm convinced that he's been pepper sprayed or stabbed one too many times because he's no longer on the show. Now the show is only half as annoying as before.

Is this decorating talk reminding you that I still haven't delivered those promised before and after pictures of the dining room I did nearly a month ago? Yeah, that's the Ninety-Percenter at work.

2 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

"My research has led me to the conclusion that if the lady from Decorating Cents showed up on my doorstep I would probably give her a squirt of pepper spray" IS the best quote I've read in a long time.

Some of those decorators scare the crap out of me.

Becky said...

ITA about the Decorating Cents lady...I don't know where they find these "designers" for the show, but they suck!!