Monday, July 7, 2008

Keeping it Real

There's a chick at our bus stop who is really quiet and always looks happy. I've wondered what was up with her because there's always something (drugs) up with the quiet perfect-looking ones, you know? I ran into another neighbor at Costco last week and she was telling me how she heard the quiet chick yelling "Get the fuck over here" to her kids in the cul-de-sac. Instead of thinking "What a horrible mother" I felt a little sigh of relief that the chick is keeping it real. It should go without saying that I'm not constantly yelling the f-word at my kids, but you know, it does happen. I normally begin those days mopping up spilled milk, washing pancake syrup out of hair and being run more ragged than a Waffle House cook at 2 am on Saturday night. Well that's pretty much how to describe every morning around here but I can take about 45 of those mornings before I snap and have a really bad adult temper tantrum.

2 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

Dare you to go up to her and say "How the fuck are you?".

Kalyn said...

I think my husband is embarrassed to go out with me and our daughter sometimes in public. I gave up about... Hmm... let's see.... THREE YEARS AGO (when I had my baby) caring what people think of me. I'll tend to say things like " Are you kidding me? YOu are going to make me lose my ever loving mind" right in the middle of the meat department. He blushes, I push my shopping cart off angrily.