Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Minsky's Pizza

MIL and I spend a few hours at her Macy's and planned to pick up pizza for dinner for everyone. She recommended this place near her house called Minsky's and since the other option was Domino's, I was all over the Minsky's idea. We called FIL to get the number to call in our order, but MIL was too wishy-washy about what she wanted so we decided to just walk in, order and wait on the food.

Minsky's is actually a sports bar type place. With a lot of dark wood and vinyl tablecloths. And midwesterners. I'm a prissy east-coast chick and I felt way out of my element. I was in a strange bar with my MIL, who is most certainly no barfly. She was like, "What should we do?" and I said, "Well, let's just go sit in the bar and order a drink while we wait" (shocker) so we made our way to the bar and found a row of like 6 empty seats. We went to pull 2 chairs out and this guy way down the bar barked, "Someone's sitting there" so we found a table way in the back. I ordered a Bud Lite and MIL ordered an Amaretto Sour. I don't think I had ever been in a bar with someone who ordered an Amaretto Sour. I have been in an upscale martini bar with a drunk chick begging the bartender to put something, anything in a blender for her but never with anyone who ordered an Amaretto Sour.

Mom's Day at Minsky's 002 I searched Webshots for a picture of Minsky's to post and found this one. Really, if Minsky's is ok for this lady it's ok for me! I bet she ordered an Amaretto Sour.

3 comments:

Maddness of Me said...

Oh that's so cute. An amaretto sour he he he. I have a young friend who is an old person in a young body... orders MINT JULIPS.

What the hell.

Anonymous said...

You gotta problem with Amaretto Sours? I've been drinking those waaaaay before I was legal. I love them.

ErIn said...

Minsky's?! WTH? There's waaay better "pizza" places than Minsky's around there! I'm really suprised they're still in business, hell, they're probably as old as me!