Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wrap and Nudge

Tonight, I pioneered a new mom wrestling/dentistry move. Tootie has had one of her bottom teeth flopping sideways out of her mouth for a few weeks now, but she's refused to let me wiggle it. Even as her permanent tooth grew to tower over her little baby tooth and she had to eat by shoving her food into the side of her mouth, she was adamant that she didn't want Fidel or me to touch it. I bribed with a visit to Chuck E. Cheese, still no good. So we waited, I begged her to let me wiggle it, and she refused and cried.

Tonight as I tucked her into bed, that tooth was drooping toward her chin. I tickled her, wrapped her up quickly in her bedcovers and nudged that baby right on out. No pain, no tears, just lots of giggling from her and relief from me because I know that I won't have to see that flopping tooth any more. Until next time...

For now, the tooth is in a Ziplock bag. Fidel and I made a deal with Toots to hide her tooth from the tooth fairy tonight. She wants to play with it and show it to her sister and her little friends tomorrow, and then the tooth fairy can come tomorrow night.

1 comment:

AFRo said...

Cheater. That's not fair! And how in the hell did you get a kid that didn't want the tooth fairy to come tonight? What the hell am I doing wrong over here?