Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally!

We finally got our hot tub up onto our new deck, no thanks to Kenfullofshit who conveniently forgot to get around to it. We were able to hire the spa company who specializes in moving them on a cancellation without having to wait 3-4 weeks and they came out yesterday. Fidel had to remove 2 sections of the deck rail and managed to break the tip of his pinky finger in the process but it's all put together now and usable so it was a small sacrifice for the good of all of us. He came out at 6:15 this morning and took a little soak. That's normally the peak of my snore fest because I'm too lazy to get up to pee and I just lay on my back to get the pressure off of my bladder and that makes me snore like a lumberjack.

I'm writing from the comfort of the screened porch and enjoying the shade and the breeze while the girls play Chipmunks in a whirlpool. In an hour or so I'll be playing mother-on-an-errand-run so I may as well relax a little now because going out to run errands with my two is no fun task. I'm still kicking myself for not enrolling them in summer camp or finding a nice pack of wolves to leave them with for a few hours a week. At this point I'd leave them with a rabid Grizzly bear if I could find one.

Here's a picture of the children enjoying the hot tub. Pay no mind to the panel cover that isn't installed yet. We lost the drain plug thing for the hot tub and had to do a little redneck improvisation with a balloon and a few feet of duct tape. One of my errand stops today is the spa store for a replacement plug so the panel should be reattached this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I am so glad it is in. I look forward to some cocktails while enjoying your hot tub on my next visit.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Glad it was fairly easy (for you) to get that thing up there! Enjoy!