Friday, September 14, 2007

Almost Time to Challenge the JW's Again!

I love, love, love fall. I don't know why, but something about the hint of coolness in the air just gets me going. This morning, in spite of my newfound celebrity, I went to Hobby Lobby to get the makings for a new wreath and some black spray paint for my attempt at making a spooky tree for my front porch. Fall and the Christmas season are about the only times I go out of my way for seasonal decorations, and oddly enough it's those 2 seasons that bring out everyone's favorite cult for their recruiting drive. I know the sight of my big ass wiggling around, pointed at the street while trying to untangle an ungodly mess of skull and jack-o-lantern lights is like some sort of turn-on for JW's because the minute I start dragging my Box O' Boos down the front step I can hear the echos of ignored doorbells across the neighborhood. The smart people run inside and hide but I don't get many visitors so I stay out and continue my Spookorating while teasing the cult members. The first year they attempted to rot my brain, I hadn't perfected the art of expressing my disinterest in being converted, because they came back a week later to continue the conversation. You can't let them down gently, people. They are like the ugly dudes at the bar who won't take the hint that you would rather skinny dip with Jaws than get down with that.

Anyway, I can't wait to get busy decorating for Halloween. I'll be out there on October 1 waiting on some phony salvation and spreading fake spiderwebs.

7 comments:

Slackermommy said...

Here from Lotta's. She's right. You are very funny.

I love decorating for Halloween also. At first glance of your post I thought you were writing about a box of boobs. Shows where my mind is!

Mom O Matic said...

Love Halloween! Always ready to freak out some holy rollers should they dare come over to my pad.

RG Mama said...

I'm crazy about that line you wrote about the ugly dudes & skinny dipping w/ Jaws! Snorted when I laughed. Sexy, huh?

ErIn said...

Don't forget to turn on your sprinklers when the JW's come to visit!

Stacy said...

I just let them ring the doorbell all damn day while I spy from one of the upstairs windows. Luckily with Keenan around the baby gate is back up because Cayden has attempted to open the door!!!!! I should probably let her do it. Even at 3 she could surely outsmart them and outtalk them.

jac said...

hmmm.....howler-ween and JWs....me sees a coon-ex-shun!
lotta was right, you are a hoot! and a half!
rock on girlfriend!

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

hehehe great post thanks for the giggle, lotta is absolutely spot on, very funny!