Thursday, September 20, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Nutjobs

I read a Mom feature in our local newspaper. This feature allows comments online and you will read the most moronic crap from people trying to sound like Mommy Superior. I figure the majority of the morons are trolls but sometimes it's still entertaining to read. I've cleaned 4 toilets this morning so I figured I deserved a little internet time to let the smell of Pine-Sol clear out of my nostrils and I log on to find this jewel in response to a question about letting girls pierce their ears:


"As I sit here reading all these comments, it amazes me that some of you allow your kids to make their own decisions about piercings at young as 5 years old. Do you really think a 5 year old is responsible to make that kind of decision? 5? Do you realize how unresponsible they are until they hit their 20’s, and even then its questionable.
I thought parents were the controllers and made these types of decisions for their CHILDREN. Apparently, this is what is wrong with our youth. Parents are sissies and allow their kids to make adult decisions at the tender age of 5."

Obviously, I'm grumpy because I've scrubbed toilets all morning and that bitch AF is on the way but I can't stand bitches who act all sanctimonious about parenting. The comment above Mommy Superior's actually called ear piercing "mutilation". Personally, I think a child saddled with a moron for a mother is way worse off than a kid with pierced ears. Really, mutilation? What a drama queen.

Here is my response:

"I do think a 5-year old is old enough to make the decision to get their ears pierced. I have a five year old and I let her make the decision not to get her ears pierced at this time. Do you have kids, Allyson, because a 5-year old can tell you if they are ready to pierce their ears or not. They do understand pain which is about all they are responsible for handling in the process! I wouldn’t let her pierce her ears and then throw her to the wolves as far as upkeep is concerned. If she decides she wants her ears pierced and as long as I am not opposed to that decision, then she’s getting her ears pierced. I’ll take care of them for her.

It’s piercing ears, not getting freaking breast implants!"

Have I mentioned that I like a little internet drama every now and then?!


5 comments:

Amie Adams said...

You're supposed to control your kids until they are in their 20's?

So THAT'S what I'm doing wrong...

Northern Michigan Mom said...

Came across your blog by way of either Mom-O-Matic or Ashley's closet (can't remember which one)and just want you to know in my book you rate right up with the two of them. You have me LMAO! Loved your ear piercing response! The other woman needs to GET A GRIP!!
My Daughter did get her ears pierced at 5 and so far she seems O.K.!!

. said...

The problem is these stupid parents coodling their kids.
My neice also decided not to get her ears peirced at 5 years old... she finally decided at 7 that it would be a good idea.

Laurel said...

Geez, my poor baby didn't even have a chance, I mutilated her at the tender age of 2 months!

I wonder what she has to say about circumsion?

Stacy said...

Oh man, I damaged Cayden at 3 months with my need to have her ear pierced. See I just had this overwhelming, controlling urge to see my daughter look the cutest and stop being called a boy. Call in the police! The FBI! Surely I belong in a jail cell for this cruel and unusual punishment I've inflicted on my daughter.

That women is a LOSER!