Thursday, September 27, 2007

Who Knew?


Who knew that dogs got carsick? Our wiener dog, Fidel's Charlie Bug, is 4 months old. She has never liked riding in a car but she's a little Nervous Nelly so I thought that she just needed some practice to get over that nonsense. Not so much! I took her to the dry cleaners and Chick Fil A yesterday and she puked all over Tootie and the Van of Shame, so now I'm convinced that she suffers from carsickness. The poor thing was all kinds of upset about the puking and of course Tootie was freaking the hell out. She was freaking so bad that I was laughing hysterically. She's in the back screaming, "Get this dog off of me, she's puking on meeeeeeeeeeeee!! Charlie, don't puke on meeeeeeeee". Luckily the puke wasn't really all over Tootie, just her booster seat and down the side of the seat onto the carpet. I cleaned it up and all is well now. The Van of Shame was the Van of Stink for a little while, though. Febreze is pretty good at taking out the scent of partially digested cat food. I'm not certain if the dog puked because of motion sickness or because she had a gut full of Cat Chow but I will be sure to just leave her at home from now on!

Yesterday was the day from Hell.

5 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

You're supposed to hold her in your arms so she can look out the window and hang her head in the breeze. (or, it was the cat food)

Anonymous said...

I love how you call your van the "van of shame"! My "Expedition of embarrasment" is my car....... three doors match but the fourth is a different color. For almost 2 years now.

My husband decided to paint the new door instead of letting a paint shop do it. Nice. (Someone backed into me a few days after we bought it!).

Jennifer said...

Oh Judi, that's a riot! I don't let Fidel touch my cars except for driving them and paying for them. I have friends who let their husbands change their oil and stuff like, and while I do trust my husbands mechanical skills, I really don't want him cussing and throwing wrenches around my garage and it always comes to that!

. said...

ewwww...

dawn224 said...

My cat gets car sick. Both ends. It sucks.