Sunday, September 30, 2007

Girlfriend, Why Does Your Mama Treat Ya So Bad?

Tootie has a UTI and I ended up taking her to Immediate Care this afternoon because she's peeing herself and I wouldn't be waiting for office hours if I had a UTI so I wasn't about to make her wait, either. Our doctor's office did call ahead for us so we checked in and waited for an hour instead of 90 minutes like people who didn't call ahead. I forgot to take a magazine and I wasn't about to put my hands on any of their germ-ridden mags, so that left me with a choice of watching Lilo and Stitch or people-watching. Since I really don't like alien shows or movies I was stuck with people-watching. There was a real cast of characters there. There was a dad with one of the "big pony" Polo shirts who kept his hand on his pecker the whole time he walked around the waiting room. There was "Pebbles", a bossy little girl with an unfortunate name. I can't forget "The Puker", the kid puking into a clear plastic bag right behind me. I don't know who thought that making clear plastic puke bags was a good idea because unless the person puking into that bag is the only one around, it is definitely NOT a good idea. I saw more of that boy's breakfast than I cared to see and I was about to show him what I chewed for breakfast.

Now I'm blaming this exposure to the masses on Fidel, who chose the freaking HMO option for his company's insurance program. I hate HMOs. I hate having to go down to a ghetto-ass facility for something that the nice, new urgent care center in our neighborhood could have handled quickly and easily. Of course Fidel was home in the hot tub while I was getting my hand peed on and watching The Puker upchuck. He missed out on the constant battle to keep Tootie from touching anything in the waiting room as well as the marathon question session that began as soon as I put the Van of Shame into reverse in my garage. I just got a pedicure last week so he can't even buy my forgiveness with pretty toes. Maybe I'll have to settle for a new bra from Victoria's Secret for my troubles.

3 comments:

. said...

I would have made Fidel come to urgent care so next year when he picks health insurance he doesn't make the same cheap ass mistake. >:(

RG Mama said...

Oh, right there w/ ya. Had me a visit to urgent care last week for a UTI. Miserable is the only word to describe it. Poor Tootie :( And there's no amount of saving that makes an HMO worthwhile these days. Buy the bra. Tell Fidel that he can see you in it when he changes the HMO to a PPO.

Jennifer said...

Next time I'm just going to the neighborhood urgent care place. I could have taken the laptop and played on Barbiegirls.com with Tootie at Starbucks while we waited!

mnroomom, sorry you had a UTI, too! Those things suck. I have fallen asleep on the toilet waiting to pee after sex but I haven't had a UTI since I became so diligent!