Friday, September 21, 2007

The Pedicure that Almost Wasn't

Tootie wanted to walk to the bus stop this morning, so Fidel walked down with her. Our next door neighbors (mushmouth) have been having domestic issues for months. He's an alcoholic/druggie/adultering idiot and apparently he gets his kicks from abusing his wife and kid. Nice, huh? Anyway, he went to jail on Sunday night/Monday morning for battery and cruelty to children. A protective order was issued so he can't come near the wife or son. Naturally she is going through the process of trying to figure out everything around the house that she's not used to dealing with. She had to take her car in for service so after Fidel and the mom walk back from the bus stop together chatting, they had decided that I would be picking her up from the service department, blah blah blah. I hadn't told Fidel I planned on getting a pedi because he thinks that's a waste of money. I'm trying to work with her and I said, "Okay, I'm leaving here at 8:45 to take "Moggie to preschool so be ready and I'll pick you up from the dealership". But no, apparently that wasn't working with her so she asked me to just pick her up when I was done with preschool dropoff. You know, when someone is doing your ass a favor, don't be getting all picky about times and shit! I get 3 kid-free hours, 3 times a week and by God I want to use them on ME. I got Fidel off to work and I was screaming across the cul-de-sac that I was going to get my nails done and if she needed help from me she needed to be ready at 8:45 or else I wouldn't be available until after noon. Then she wanted to talk about mushmouth being disappointed yesterday when he couldn't play. I was like, "Yeah, I was disappointed that I had 2 kids with heads full of freaking parasite eggs but those are the breaks". There are a gazillion kids in this neighborhood so mushmouth can latch onto someone new because he's worn out his welcome here! I'm ready to wash my hands of that whole family because 1. Dad is a psycho loser 2. Mom won't get a clue and steal Dad's money and divorce his ass and 3. Mushmouth is a little too "handy" with my daughter and he has issues from Mom and Dad and has seen way too much.

The Mom is going to a dog show for a week, taking Mushmouth out of school to go with her. He can't spell his name at 5 years old and he's being taken out of school for a week for a dog show.

I love my house but damn I hate these neighbors.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh man how rude. I would have told her she can find someone else to take her to the dealership. What an inconsiderate mess.