Friday, September 14, 2007

Speaking of Sparkly Cocktails...


I haven't been enjoying many cocktails since I rejoined WW. I have been missing them in this damned heat, and fortunately for me I have the perfect reason to mix some of these up tonight. I'm playing bartender at a friend's house. Everyone loves these so I thought I would share. I must caution you on these. They are way easy to drink so don't guzzle.


Lemondrop Sparkletinis

  • Vodka (cheap is fine, I use Absolut)
  • Bag of Lemons, squeezed
  • Fresh Mint (I grow mine on the front porch, anyone can grow mint)
  • Simple Syrup (1 part white sugar, 1 part water, bring to boil in sauce pan and then simmer for about 10 minutes)
  • Club Soda (I like the small bottles because they don't go flat)
Directions:

In a cocktail shaker, measure 2 parts vodka, 2 parts lemon juice, 1 part simple syrup over ice. Throw in a sprig of mint (or 2-3 leaves) and shake the bejezzus out of your mixture. Pour into 2 martini glasses, leaving room for a splash of club soda at the top. Garnish with mint and lemon, if desired.

These are just so delicious. You can change it up by using raspberry puree as an add-in, pomegranate juice (POM from the produce section), peach slices, etc.

If you are entertaining, you can make up a big pitcher and just add the club soda topper when you pour each drink.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I found you via Mom-o-Matic. I'm so trying these cocktails this weekend! Cheers.