Monday, September 24, 2007

My Favorite Witch

You probably already know that I love Halloween. I like to dress up, especially now that I have children. The problem is that for the past 3 years I've had one or both kids in a Christian preschool and that school isn't really into witches. I think if the Baptists gave the Wicked Witch of the West a fighting chance they would grow to love her as I do.

I can't recall a single memory from childhood scarier than that green bitch and her flying monkeys. She was wicked, had the coolest theme song ever and had freaking flying monkeys. She rode a broom around a tornado. Who could top that?

Before you get the wrong idea about me, I'm not really into witchy stuff. Even if I decided today that I was going to start practicing whatever stuff witches practice, I wouldn't get past buying a book and stashing it somewhere to be forgotten by tomorrow. I have the attention span of a fruit fly. I love chunky blonde highlights and I prefer to keep my distance from brooms. Now, if there is a book on commanding your very own flying monkeys I'd be all over that. I'd train mine to make lemondrop martinis and mojitos and dress them in little tuxes. I'd be the coolest lady in all of Georgia with those monkeys!

3 comments:

K said...

I have a friend doing her little girl's room in the witch/flying monkeys theme. I kid you not. TOO SCARY!!!

RG Mama said...

It would be a cool costume for you this year. You could dress the kids and the hubs up as the monkeys, LOL. Send the kids to preschool in sweats with instructions that they're the color's in Noah's Rainbow. That'll make the Baptists happy. Then save the real costumes for T or T in the neighborhood!

Laurel said...

Jennifer, You'd be the best witch ever!!! I can just imagine, Jenn the Witch and the JW's coming to visit! LMAO!!!