Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sanity Saturday

This week while Fidel was gone I got my hands on our family room remote control and watched me a little TLC and Discovery Health after the girls were in bed. One of the shows was on hoarders and it really hit home! I have so much junk that I will never need or never use so I made the commitment to cull the herd a little. Of course, on top of hoarding I'm really good at procrastinating so I waited until Saturday to begin my cleaning. It's 12:30 and I've almost finished going through one set of cabinets and drawers. I managed to throw out 2 Target bags full of crap so far. Yes, I even keep plastic bags. Expired medicine is gone, 6 boxes of band-aids are consolidated into 1 box.

I'm not sure I'm any saner but at least I have room to stash more crap now!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hoarders unite! LOL Our basement is like a ticking time bomb. There are totes down there from when we moved in over 5 years ago that apparently we never needed. I can't even tell you what's in there. I think I need to clean them out!