Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dear Great Pumpkin


I really need a new laptop, Great Pumpkin. I have five vertical lines running down my monitor, one more than I had yesterday. I've kept this old girl running hard for the past 2 years and I fear it may be time to turn her over to Tootie for www.barbiegirls.com. I fear there is no fixing her and laptops aren't all that expensive. Great Pumpkin, I know you really can't handle distributing gifts to spoiled grown-ups but the internet is my crack. You wouldn't want me to be without my crack would you? Yes, I know there is a desktop in Fidel's office but that would cramp my style. I like sitting on the sofa with my laptop or working from the kitchen counter with her. Great Pumpkin, if you help me get a new laptop, I'll throw a Great Pumpkin bash for the girls and their friends. We can make pumpkin cookies, some sort of pumpkin craft and eat pumpkin seeds to celebrate your generosity. Yes, I know it sounds lame so far but work with me, I can pull it off.

I hope you can come through for me, Great Pumpkin. You have your mission now.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh no! I don't know where I'd be without my laptop. Funny I have only had it a year and I just cringe at having to go back to the desktop. I like my laptop right on my kitchen counter where I can see the playroom, dining room and have my ass a seat at a barstool.

Anonymous said...

I can't live without my laptop either. I use it all day every day. I am addicted. I got an Apple MacBook Pro about a year and a half ago and have ridden it hard and it's like brand new. I had a little weird problem with the battery expanding but it happened about nine months after I got it and Apple just gave me a new battery. But I love all of the Apple software that came with it like iPhoto. It makes taking care of my digital photos super easy. If it wasn't super easy I wouldn't know how to do it.
Also by the way, you said something a while ago about needing some positive reinforcement to keep posting. Well keep on posting because I read your blog every day!

Laurel said...

I sure hope the Great Pumpkin comes through for you! LOL!!