Saturday, September 29, 2007

Green Around the Gills

I went over to a friend's house last night for cocktails and drank too much cheap vodka. Could have been the Jaegermeister shots that put me over the edge but really I may never know. I hate Jaeger but I really think I owe my marriage to it. One day long ago, in a land far away, I loved to go to Hernando's Hideaway for dollar Corona night on Thursdays. One Thursday night in early November, I decided to stray from only Coronas and ended up doing Jaeger shooters. I ended up tapping at Fidel's door since the amount of booze in my system convinced me that he was irresistible, and yada, yada, yada, here we are about to celebrate our 11th anniversary.

Anyway, I was out drinking my face off and didn't get home until nearly 1 am, which is late for someone who drives a minivan. We had drank our minivan driving hostess under the table and she crashed out at 11 but being the leeches we are, we stayed and partied until the booze ran out. Then we washed her dishes and made our way home. We will drink all your vodka but we won't leave you with a messy house.

I made it up the stairs of peril without killing myself and went into my bathroom to brush my teeth. I came face to face with a bottle of peppermint lube that isn't normally stored by my toothbrush so I started laughing and then I heard Fidel laughing in the bed. That's probably enough about that but I had a good evening. One thing I love about that man is his sense of humor.

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

Isn't it funny how some of the most hilarious things happen when you're creeping up to bed after a night of gaiety? I remember once tripping over a laundry basket and finding it so funny, I nearly wet myself. The funny thing was, I was holding my hand out like a flashlight. No? Not funny? Heh. It was then. I also have a husband who is perpetually willing to laugh along, bless him. Almost 11 years here too. :)

Jennifer said...

I think that's pretty funny!