Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And the Sun Shone Down

After I dropped Moggie off at preschool, I had to swing by my drive-thru dentist and I was out of there in about 2 minutes. I called my friend CVO to see if she wanted to join me for a 1000-calorie breakfast at Mimi's but she was in the gym or some other such nonsense, which really put me in a predicament because I wanted some fat and conversation. I just kept driving and headed for Hobby Lobby to get me a little fix, and on the way there I noticed a sign in our newest strip mall development that said, "Coming soon: Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Steinmart, Shoe Carnival and Loemanns". Now I had no idea what a Loemanns was but I was so excited about it. I think I heard angels singing from heaven. Lord knows, Mama loves some shopping. I seriously got a little rush, I have a sickness. On to HL I went. I got that warm, fuzzy feeling while steering my rickety little cart through the aisles and even had a few little craft things in my basket. Things were going fine until I looked down and saw Skid Row Santa. He was so beat down that I snapped right out of the retail bliss coma and I put my junk back on the shelf and left. The thought of snapping a picture of him with my camera phone crossed my mind but then I thought I should just cover him with a tree skirt or something because he was a sad sight. Poor guy looked like he took a pickaxe to the forehead, with his head all smashed in. I really should have bought him to curb my shopping adventures but I'm not the sanest person in the world and I have a feeling my conversations with Skid Row Santa would have me committed by Easter. SRS, whadda ya say we head over to Sephora? Come on, I'll let you scare the kids in the play area! Damn buzzkill...

I left Hobby Lobby empty handed and headed for Hardee's. I had a nice country ham biscuit and some OJ, and I'm about to go to Kohls to spend a gift card. I have to be back home by noon because Tootie has early release from school at noon. I'll get her off the bus, head to Moggie's school at 1, and take both of those little monkeys to the salon to get a trim.

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

I was laughing so hard I was in tears at the thought of poor SRS.