Monday, November 19, 2007

Is Gout Hereditary?

My daddy is a hilarious man, because he's crazy. He has restless leg syndrome, which he calls Jimmy Legs, and has a quack doctor that prescribes Vicodin and Valium cocktails for the RLS. I have made fun of Daddy and called him Ozzy Osbourne with his pills, but now I see why the poor guy needs all those fabulous drugs. You see, I too suffer from the gd Jimmy Legs. And the gout. And the crazy. I am slowly turning into my dad as I age. I'm beginning to realize that his doctor isn't as much of a quack as she is a compassionate soul who understands the pure misery inflicted by the Jimmy Legs. I need to go see my quack doctor and see how sympathetic he is to a poor Jimmy Legs sufferer. He will probably just up my dosage of my crazy pills and send me home to suffer in obliviousness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you didn't inherit the crazy, restless leg syndrome will bring it on for sure.

I find eating a giant bowl of ice cream right before bed helps. I think it's the calcium. A yogurt works too, but where's the fun in that?

Jennifer said...

Holly, Daddy grabbed an ice cream sandwich one night and walked around the kitchen in the dark, circling the island while holding a flashlight while he ate his ice cream sandwich. All of this was back before Requip and the other RLS stuff came out. He's back to his V&V cocktails since he didn't get enough relief from RLS meds, plus they made the crazy worse. He was up one night, sleepwalking, and he hid plastic fruit from the kitchen around the house like Easter Eggs and tried to eat one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, that's high-larious. I think I'll stick to the ice cream for now. Anyway, it's sort of prophylactic because the RLS is really not that bad at the moment. If it flares up again I'll be hitting you up for the name of your dad's doctor, though.

Mom O Matic said...

Oh man, I had that when I was pregnant and it was awful. Just awful. Take whatever you gotta take man.