Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stupid Pumpkin


The Great Pumpkin was a bust. Maybe I was stood up because I didn't view the obligatory network airing of the GP, nor did I watch the DVD of it that we own. Or maybe it's because the Great Pumpkin is a big orange turd and can't be bothered to bring a little laptop to the woman who worked tirelessly all month to bring Halloween joy to some kids, JWs be damned. Either way, I'm here on this broke-ass laptop with multicolored vertical lines running down the screen. Looks like Santa is going to be getting lucky because I really, really need a new computer. How else can I bring joy to the ten of you reading me every day?

To soothe my wounds of neglect, I bought myself a pretty apron I've been lusting for. I had PayPal balance and last night I made apple dumplings, from scratch, and wore flour to trick or treat. Of course the flour was the final accessory to my Tipsy Housewife costume that I rocked, if I do say so myself. Perhaps I had so much flour down the front of me because I was sifting while drinking, but if I had a beautiful apron then I wouldn't have been covered in flour. If I didn't have two prima donna girls I wouldn't have been drunk at 6 pm but if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass, yada yada yada. Oh get this. I slammed my drink so we could go out to beg for candy, because I didn't think it would be appropriate to walk around with booze. Boy was I wrong! Apparently it's A-ok to do that in this neighborhood because I saw moms with glasses of wine, no shame. I swear I will shed these crazy Baptist ideas one day, and my tipsy housewife costume will include a wine glass.

3 comments:

Mamatrain said...

Oh, relief! I wasn't the only one slamming my V&T down before I walked my little Bob the Builder up and down the street.

Anonymous said...

You should have rocked the wine glass!! Holley has for years :P

Stacy said...

I saw the apron and thought it was a dress. I was thinking - That dress is really pretty - I wonder where she got that...OOPS! LOl Secondly - there is nothing wrong with boozing while TOTing. Eric and my friends husband had beer stored in the kids wagon so they could get their drink on while wheeling around the neighborhood. LOL