Monday, November 12, 2007

Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

This afternoon, Moggie and I came home after preschool and let the dogs outside and got cornered by a neighbor. While I was out there chatting, the TV repair guy called and cancelled on me since I didn't answer the phone, and my Sweet Prince ran into a freaking rosebush and gouged out his one good eye. He lost sight in one eye due to glaucoma and he couldn't have hurt that eye, he had to hurt the one good one. He's 11 so he has some more years left in him and I think he'd prefer to have a little vision, so I called the vet and he came over to put this dye stuff in his eye and found a corneal ulcer and now I have to put this antibiotic ointment in the poor guy's eye 4 times a day. He's my baby so I can deal with that.

Fidel came home and since it was Spirit Night for Tootie's school, we went to this pizza joint that we don't normally frequent. We knew it wasn't going to be fun but we really didn't expect it to be pure fucking hell. We had to wait on the sidewalk in a line to even get into the door. It took about 20 minutes to get in and once we did, it was pure and utter mayhem. I suppose I deserved a horrible night because I was making fun of one of my friends, who is on the PTA at her kids' school because they do Waffle House night. I called her a redneck and laughed at her so I got stuck at the Pizza Hell. From now on I'm just going to say no to spirit night at this joint.

Here's to a better Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can be criticized for making fun of a Waffle House spirit night. I mean, come on.