Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Our Idiot Box is Dying

Fidel and I have a elderly rear-projection tv in our family room and it's dying a slow death. We spent the weekend debating about getting a new tv, but the problem with that is that they don't make the big tvs on stands any more, and we have a surround that's suited for only that kind of tv. If we went with a new tv, that means getting a new entertainment center and that quickly adds up to $5k. I have found a repairman in the area who gets a ton of rave reviews on a referral site, but there's always the few oddballs who have completely different reviews. For every 50 wonderful reviews, there's one guy saying the repairman abducted their television and hasn't returned it in 6 years or something. The funny thing about the internet is the anonymity afforded sometimes brings out the worst in people. I can't say that it doesn't bring out the worst in me because I have been guilty of being an asshole a time or two but that's not my general personality. I notice that a few of my favorite bloggers don't have open commenting, they have to approve each comment before they will post. For now my comment section is open, and I like to think that I can handle whatever ends up in my comments. So far the worst thing is the weirdo correcting my grammar but that made him look way worse than me, especially since I stated that my blog wasn't a monument to grammar.

If you blog, what's the strangest comment story you have to share?

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I don't get any strange comments. Just friends and family usually post comments. I think my blog would probably be a bore to an outsider! LOL