Saturday, November 3, 2007

Barking Spiders

Have you ever heard of barking spiders? I haven't but now that I've heard the phrase and figured out what it means, I'm going to say this all the time. Fidel says it's when a lady farts, she blames it on a barking spider. Just hilarious! I like to fart and I like to be funny, so that phrase is an all-around winner for me. Woof woof!

My cocktail party was a lot of fun. I got a little too intoxicated but by the grace of God I'm not hung over in the least. I don't know if I've finally gotten good at drinking or if my good luck is due to all the water I drank yesterday, but either way I'm feeling way better than I should be feeling. I think I'm going to quit drinking while I'm on top though. I enjoy drinking and I have alcoholics in my branch of the family tree and I don't want to become one. Plus, I am fat as a tick and have gotten too fluffy for my fat britches so I'll be back in WW this week. Oh, joy.

Back to my drinking too much last night, I place the blame for that on this delicious cheese that I bought at Costco. It's by Cabot and it's a 3-year old cheddar, very crumbly and just heavenly. It screams for cabernet and last night I was obeying the cheese. I bought a Kirkland's Cabernet (yes, the Costco store brand) and I was embarrassed to even have it out but it was very good! My wine snob friend, CVO, even approved.

2 comments:

Queen In My House of Blue said...

OMG! My FIL calls it barking spiders too!

FunnyGal KAT said...

I can't believe my first comment on your blog is about farting!

In any case, in my house, we call girls farting (specifically, me farting) "unicorn kisses." That's right... guys just fart, but when girls fart, it's unicorns blowing kisses.

(Yeah, my soon-to-be husband doesn't buy it either!)