Saturday, November 17, 2007

Why Landscapers Don't Run Daycares

I have been goat-roped into babysitting, yet again. This is the last straw for me with the whole babysitting deal. This child was dropped off last night at bedtime and has been with me for the entire day. It's nearly 5 pm and I'll have her until dinner time, most likely. It's apparently of no consequence that I had things planned, like a social committee meeting and planting pansies and removing some monstrous cannas from my front flower beds. All of this while having 3 children, one of which did not exit my uterus, pepper me with questions about anything and everything you can imagine. I did everything short of screaming shut the fuck up and get away from me and still couldn't shake the children. They were like tapeworms, but worse because they never shut their damned mouths. The playroom, which was extremely enticing at 6:30 am, held no interest for the children while I was trying to work. I haven't had my nap, have had the pure shit aggravated out of me while trying to work, and I had to have poor Fidel babysit for me for 2 hours while I met with the other hens about our neighborhood's 2008 social schedule. The icing on the cake was when the neighbor kid came over. The neighbor kid's mom has been saying for weeks, let me help you work in those flower beds, I really want to. Yet when she sees me out there actually working, I learn that her definition of helping is sending me another fucking kid to babysit. He was over here for an hour and a half until I sent him home. No sign of the mom whatsoever. Just that annoying fucking kid bullying the girls and harassing the dogs, and stomping around in my flowerbeds.I hate to be an asshole but goddammit, my weekends are for ME and my family. I haven't even been able to go to the grocery store or to Eddie Bauer to use my 20% coupon that expires tomorrow. I'll be stuck doing that tomorrow instead of napping, so my whole fucking weekend has been shot to hell. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Update
I must admit that I was just a grouchy bitch yesterday. My extra kid was actually very good but I got woken up early and didn't get a nap. I didn't get a nap last weekend because I was keeping this same kid and when Mama don't get her nap things just aren't good. If I babysit I want the kid picked up by 2 so I can get my weekend nap. I live for weekend naps.

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Nope, not bitter at all! I would have gladly taken the kids off your hands had I been there.

Jennifer said...

Cinn, you are entirely too sweet!

We will be home, just the 4 of us, for Thanksgiving if you guys want to come down! I'm being serious, let me know if you want to come hang out.