Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Bossy

I have a kind of dominating personality and I work really hard at being laid-back, and unbossy in social situations. I was a tiger at work but now that I'm home and medicated I really strive to blend into the background and be less of that in-your-face type of gal, because even I know it's annoying as hell. I don't volunteer to be room mom or committee chairs of any sort. Anyway, I went to our neighborhood fall festival and met up with the Social Committee gals and clicked. I'm pretty crafty and creative and I have a lot of experience in party planning and entertaining groups of people. Of course by the end of that festival the dreaded words just fell out of my big fat mouth. You know, the Oh I'd love to be on the Social Committee, thank you for asking me! The moment the words fell from my lips my hands were in front of me trying to scoop them back in but it was too late. Eyes around me were lighting up and flashing, SUCKER! and there I was, a member of the Social Committee. I went to my first meeting yesterday and Fidel said to me before I left, Remember you volunteered for this, like he was giving me some sort of warning. I was baffled by his comment so I just said, whatever, and headed out to the clubhouse. I came home with a few projects to do. Today, I have to go scope out our entrances and design the Christmas decorations. I also have to find the proper glass ornaments and craft supplies to decorate them for our clubhouse Christmas tree. Like I don't have enough to do to decorate my own home, here I am cheerily volunteering to do the neighborhood stuff. I think my subconscious is driving me to do this to recruit some new drinking buddies. Les is pregnant and doesn't pop in randomly for cocktails any more. I bought her some sparkling cider for our last cocktail party and she called me a bitch for it.

No comments: